This guide is intended for rapid onboarding of Fred Hutch staff who have previous experience working with computing resources at other academic institutions. Overview information and links to relevant portions of the Wiki for getting started and basic usage of Fred Hutch resources is the primary focus. We highlight, as well, specific steps new staff or existing staff who have not previously needed to use these resoruces might need to take in order to get set up to use these resources.
Accessing compute resources
- Fred Hutch employees can access compute resources using their HutchNet ID and associated password.
- Most resources are automatically accessible via HutchNet ID.
- After creating a GitHub account for yourself, email
scicompto be added to the Fred Hutch GitHub organization and for access to AWS and other cloud computing.
- For more information on credentials, please go here.
- The primary on-premise high performance computing clusters are
Rhino. You can read about these and additional resources here.
- Our compute clusters use slurm for job scheduling.
- Log in remotely to the network using snail, and view recommendations here for passwordless login and ssh configuration.
- Consider using tmux for managing multiple terminal windows/panes.